+- +-

+- You

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+- Site Data

Members
Total Members: 86
Latest: movieman
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 112779
Total Topics: 4374
Most Online Today: 5
Most Online Ever: 55
(April 18, 2016, 06:09:38 pm)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Poll

Spam VS Treet

Spam
14 (38.9%)
Treet
14 (38.9%)
Other
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: 2 Fudge 2 Knuckle  (Read 61844 times)

Tut

  • God-King
  • Paul Thomas Anderson
  • ******
  • Posts: 6690
  • It's all over now, baby blue...
  • Location: Nice try, NSA
Re: 2 Fudge 2 Knuckle
« Reply #9300 on: June 02, 2018, 02:34:18 pm »
Does anyone have a way to get in touch with Daniel Chong Oh? I want to know what he thinks of the fact that his favorite director is making a film out of a book that gives a fat middle finger to all of his political beliefs.

You know that the fact he's making it now, of all the things he could be doing, probably implies he's had those beliefs all along, right? I know it's going to be painful for you, but can you try to re-analyse MoS, BvS, Sucker Punch and the rest from an Objectivist perspective, to reveal how Snyder's understanding of Objectivism was reflected in his directing choices? I'll even A2A you on Quora so that the Rand fans on there can see that.

"Maybe" is actually a pretty libertarian line. It recognizes that Superman doesn't inherently owe anybody his labor. Still, it's the ease with which he saved them that makes the scene so morally objectionable to me. Lifting a bus of kids out of a river is all in a day's work for Superman. Had he just stood by-- instead of exerting the minuscule effort necessary to save them-- he'd have been a pretty terrible person.

Anyway, I think this is a good example of what I call Banana Theory. Politicians such as Obama will often say "What unites us is greater than what divides us," emphasizing that people have more in common than not. But humans share 60% of their DNA with a banana. So technically, we have more in common with bananas than not. It's that remaining 40% that makes the difference. I may agree with Zack Snyder politically, but if there's even a 1% difference between us, that's the difference between a human and a chimp.

 

+- Hot Threads

The Official Movie Trailer/TV Spot Watching Thread by Robert Neville
October 14, 2018, 05:26:22 pm

THE OFFICIAL MOVIE WATCHING THREAD by JohnBot
October 12, 2018, 01:29:07 am

The Trump Presidency Thread by Robert Neville
October 09, 2018, 05:27:33 pm

2018 Standings by Crohn's Boy
October 07, 2018, 11:13:25 am

Khabib vs. Conor fight by Robert Neville
October 07, 2018, 07:15:48 am

Another reason why SEC is so embarrassing... by The One Who Lurks
October 06, 2018, 07:21:54 pm

What song are you listening to - Part II by Charles Longboat Jr.
September 29, 2018, 09:36:30 pm

2 Fudge 2 Knuckle by Jim Raynor Remastered
September 29, 2018, 03:34:00 pm

Book Thread. What are you reading? by Tut
September 26, 2018, 11:40:42 pm

MWO Movie News, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company by Charles Longboat Jr.
September 20, 2018, 07:51:25 pm

Whats your take on movie crowdfunding? by Robert Neville
September 16, 2018, 07:23:03 am

Consensus XXXIII: Netflicks Moovys by Crohn's Boy
September 14, 2018, 04:06:15 pm

THE SCHOOL THREAD! by Tut
September 07, 2018, 04:43:28 pm

Favorite videogame cutscenes by Robert Neville
September 06, 2018, 02:55:25 pm

The US Supreme Court Thread by Charles Longboat Jr.
September 04, 2018, 03:02:07 pm